Summertime!! I live in northern Canada, where the summer months are short-lived. I have to make the best of every minute! Gardening, playing baseball, camping – it doesn’t matter what we are doing, there are classic recipes in this home that get made every year, and this one definitely tops the summer list. It might get made a lot because we can never finish the entire big watermelon… lol. But it’s also delicious! It’s the perfect Watermelon Lemonade.
We don’t usually drink or but juice in our home (I know… sounds crazy!), so having a cool juice to drink in the summer is a real treat! The mini watermelons are perfect for this recipe because they are already seedless, but I often end up using half of a huge watermelon because with only 3.5 eaters here (can I call my baby .5 of an eater? lol), we don’t usually finish it! Just be sure to fish out all the seeds first if you use a big one!
How good does this look?! I’m drooling just thinking about it! Yummmm….
Here’s the recipe:
- 8 cups seedless watermelon
- 2 cans frozen lemonade
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 4 kiwis, peeled and cut (optional).
- Place watermelon in blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Place frozen lemonade and water in a large pitcher. Add watermelon and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you want to add the optional kiwi mixture, put kiwi and sugar into a blender. Cover and blend on medium speed until smooth. Freeze 1-2 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, pour watermelon mixture into glasses and spoon a dollop of frozen kiwi mixture on top. Enjoy!
You probably noticed I also gave instructions for an icy kiwi version. It’s delicious! Just add a dollop of your frozen kiwi mixture to the drink. The flavours blend perfectly! Although, I didn’t mention it in the recipe… you can also make a adult version with a little Vodka or Gin :)