It’s summer time!! Out come the mason jar desserts :) I was looking to share a great new recipe on the blog that I could share with guests at a Canada Day party, and I knew a mason jar dessert would be perfect. My mother always use to make this cheese cake recipe and it was a hit with everyone who shared it. You can thank my mama for sharing this No Bake Cherry Cheese Cake recipe today [for Canada Day!].
Any treat in a jar is always a hit. What is it about these mason jars that gets everyone so excited?! Your guests will definitely feel special when you hand them their own dessert jar!
I knew I wanted a dessert for my Canada Day festivities that would be red and white – like our wonderful country’s flag :) Cherry cheese cake is clearly the best red & white dessert out there!
The recipe takes some preparation because you need to let each of the layers chill and set before you add the next layer (3 layers total). Mine took about 30 minutes of actual prep time, but need 4 hours to chill in between layers. They will also sit in the fridge nicely overnight if you want to prep them early.
Print the recipe below if you want to try it at home :)
- 1½ cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 pkg (250g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and white sugar together, Press into the bottom of mason jars (or a pie plate). Let this set in the fridge for an hour.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until combined. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour over the prepared crust in the mason jars and let chill for 3 hours.
- Top with cherry pie filling before serving. Serve and enjoy :)
I hope you liked the recipe! Now go make yourself some dessert!
If you’re wondering what it is floating around the background of these photos, it’s my DIY Canada Day Centerpiece :)