A gorgeous DIY modern fall wreath for the front door! Embroidery hoops, greenery, and spray paint is all you need for this beautiful infinity wreath!
Most of the North America is ready for fall. Ready for respite the crazy heat. Us, however, we’ve barely had a summer this year! So much rain and clouds. Yet I still find myself looking forward to fall. It has always been my favourite season. So I’m making switching the greenery in my front planter to mums, I’m adding some warm blankets to the couch, and I’m making a quick and easy Modern Fall Wreath to celebrate.
I’ve made embroidery hoop wreaths before (even for fall!), but this year I wanted to join a few hoops together to make an “infinity wreath”. It’s basically just three loops that look intertwined. I’ve never actually seen a DIY version, but I have always loved the look, so I thought it would be fun to try.
Materials Needed for DIY Infinity Wreath
- Embroidery Hoops
- Champagne Spray Paint
- Faux greenery, eucalyptus, and florals
- Floral Wire
- Floral Wire Cutters
How to Make a DIY Modern Fall Wreath
I used three embroidery hoops that I already had on hand for this wreath, and they were 14″, 12″, and 9″, but you can use any sizes that you would like, as long as they “fit” into one another.
Instead of using glue, although I have done so in the past, I attached everything with floral wire and wire cutters. Honestly, my hope is that I can remove the greenery at the end of the season, and re-use the infinity hoop for the holiday season as well.
I attached the first hoop at the side, inside the largest loop. and then I attached the smallest loop on top of the other two. I used wire in two spots and it seemed to stay together easily.
I had a bundle of greenery and neutral florals to use for the wreath – some I already had on hand and some that I purchased this year. I actually didn’t end up using all of the florals in the photo above. I always play around with my placements until I’m happy with the design.
I start with the largest “base” greenery, and cut off the stems with the wire cutters. Then I attach the largest base pieces with the wire cutter, and slowly layer on additional pieces.
I tried to hide the wire underneath the stems. For the most part, it was easy to do, and anything showing was camouflaged by the green leaves.
When the majority of the greenery was on, I added a few stems of eucalyptus, attaching them in the same way, and then a few neutral florals on top.
The Finished Modern Infinity Wreath
I love the way this wreath turned out! My front door isn’t exactly “picture perfect” yet, so I just took some photos of the wreath in my new home office, but I think it looks pretty good in front of all that pretty tile!
I’m hoping to use a lot of browns and tans in my fall decor this year, and I think this wreath will blend in beautifully. The infinity design is my favourite part – I love how the loops intertwine.
- Embroidery Hoops (14", 12", and 9")
- Spray Paint (champagne)
- Floral Wire
- Faux Greenery and Florals
- Floral Wire Cutter
- Take the insides out of your embroidery hoops and spray paint them on both sides until coated nicely.
- Use floral wire to attach the embroidery hoops. The 12" one was attached to the inside of the 14" one, and the smaller 9" one was attached on top (see photos).
- Place your largest stem onto the embroidery hoop first, planning out approx. where you want it to go. Cut off the ends using the wire cutters. Use floral wire cutters to cut off a small piece of wire and attach the greenery to the hoop discreetly. You only want to attach in a few necessary places, to give your wreath the nice flowly, natural look.
- To give some character I attached a few small yellow florals in the center, along with a few small stems of eucalyptus that I had cut off. Again, attached with floral wire.
- Add ribbon to hang your wreath if desired.
Easy DIY Dollar Store Fall Wreath at The Happy Housie Rose Gold Laurel Fall Wreath at Modern Glam Five Minute Dollar Tree Fall Wreath at Craftberry Bush DIY Embroidery Hoop Fall Wreath at Tatertots and Jello Modern Leather Fall Wreath at Cherished Bliss
DIY Copper Fall Hoop Wreath at Clean & Scentsible Large DIY Fall Farmhouse Wreath at The Tattered Pew White Boho Fall Wreath at All Things With Purpose DIY Fall Embroidery Hoop Wreath at She Gave it a Go
Fall Wreath Ideas at Happy Happy Nester DIY Fall Acorn Wreath at The Handmade Home DIY Floral Fall Wreath at A Pretty Life in the Suburbs Simple DIY Fall Owl Wreath at Cassie Bustamante Easy Cookie Cutter Fall Wreath at My Sweet Savannah
If you’re looking for more creative fall ideas, check out this Modern Boho Fall Wreath!