12 great tips for taking your guest space to the next level. Learn how to create a welcoming, cozy guest room just by adding a few special items!
I love visiting family, but we all know, “there’s no place like home”! When I set out to complete my Guest Bedroom, I wanted the space to be as welcoming as possible. I tried to pay attention to all of the details. Today, I’m sharing 12 Ways that you can Create a Cozy Guest Room Space.
Here are 12 great ways to keep a cozy guest room space:
1. Plants – Plants make any space feel more lively and beautiful. Preferably fresh flowers or real plants, but the faux ones are so pretty these days too!
2. Information – If there’s a code for the door or a wifi password that you want them to have, write it down for them!
3. Something to read – It’s always nice to find books and magazines to look at and read when you’re bored or can’t fall asleep.
4. Towels – Lay out guest towels, face cloths, and bathrobes for your guests to use in the cozy guest room.
5. A Tray – Giving your guests a tray gives them a spot to throw their jewelry or toiletries or wallet. Everyone needs a place to empty their pockets!
6. A Bedside Table – This may seem obvious… but your guests we need a place to put our phone at night!lol. Don’t leave that side table empty either. Throw in a paper and pen, or some of those magazines I was talking about earlier.
7. Pillows and Blankets – Make sure you have extra pillows and blankets available for guests in the cozy guest room. There is nothing worse than staying somewhere new and freezing all night!
8. A Clock – A room without a clock?! Little details like this make all the difference.
9. Tissues – We often forget to get these out for our guests, but I’ve been that guest searching bathrooms for tissues after my hosts went to sleep – not fun!
10. Cups and a Pitcher – I need a glass of water at night. I always have one beside my bed. So I assume my guests would want it too :)
11. Hangers – This is especially important if your guests are staying for more than one night. It’s nice to be able to unpack a few things and hang them up.
12. Good Reading Light – Whether your guests are reading at night or playing games on their iPads, its nice to have a good bedside light to feel like a cozy guest room.
Is your cozy guest room filled with all these things? Let me know if there’s anything I missed!