“My home is perfectly organized!” <– something you will never hear my say out loud, lol. Ugh. Organization is hard! I have two kids (sometimes three if you count the hubby…), two dogs, and a home to look after. The thing is though… when all of our “things” have a home, they get put there. And when the things are put there, I’m a lot happier! When I was dreaming and planning out my “dream closet” last fall, organization was the KEY thing I was looking for. To help you out, here are 9 of the BEST Closet Organization Ideas.
*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As always, opinions are 100% my own. For more information, please read my disclosure policy*
1. Durable hooks – When you’re bags and purses have a home, you’ll be happier! I love these strong hooks for organizing things like hand bags!
2. Clear containers – Containers like these ones are perfect for the visual homeowners out there! You can store shoes, scarves, etc. and still be able to see them on the shelf. Organized, but still functional.
3. Use every inch – This may seem obvious, but if you have a small space above your top rack, or on the floor underneath your rack, find a nice container that will fit there to store out of season items – which brings me to…
4. Box out of season clothes – Switching out clothing between seasons can be a HUGE space saver. If I had the clothing from all four of my Canadian seasons (plus my maternity seasons! Can you count those?!), I’d have ZERO space left. So I put away some of the out of season items and switch them half-way through the year. Store them at the top back of my closet where they are out of sight until you need them :)
5. Store shoes smartly– Put special occasion shoes up high (on display if pretty!) and every day shoes within reach.
6. Small step ladder/stool – Before I had a stool in my closet, I would just randomly throw things up to the top, and then when I needed it again, I would accidentally pull down 50 other things while trying to reach it. Plus, you can buy a really cute one :)
7. Eliminate clutter – Go through your closet once a year and purge or donate those items that you haven’t worn in the past year, or don’t fit anymore.
8. Clear pull-out trays – These beautiful trays take advantage of the depth, but still allow you to see all those beautiful accessories. You can also buy clear dividers to put inside of drawers.
9. Ready-made systems – This can get pricier, but the ready-made systems with shelves, drawers, and rods make it easy to get a customized high-end look, but at an affordable price.