Beautiful DIY Burlap Wreath! Use red, gold and neutral burlap to create a gorgeous Christmas wreath following this easy craft tutorial!
Welcome to day 7 of my 8 days of Christmas crafts! I’ve been slowly preparing my house for my first ever blog Home Tour! Since I had to fill my home with new decorations, I decided to make as many as I could, and to share my creations as I went. Today we’ll be making a Burlap Wreath for Christmas!
*This post may contain affiliate links. When you buy a product through one of our links, we get a commission at no cost to you! Thank you for supporting our blog so that we can continue to bring you posts like these. For more information, please see our disclosure page.*
How to Make Your DIY Burlap Wreath
So here goes another red, gold, and burlap craft! I wanted to create a beautiful burlap wreath, but I didn’t have the time to get too carried away, so I opted for the simple route :)
- Straw Wreath (mine was straw, purchase for $1 at a sale!)
- Burlap Ribbon (Mine was 4″ thick)
- Decorative Burlap Ribbon for Rosettes
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Step-By-Step Tutorial for Your DIY Burlap Wreath
To start, you simple wrap the thick burlap ribbon around the wreath. I used one roll exactly on a 12″ wreath, so if you have a larger wreath, you may need more burlap. Glue the ends of the burlap into place once wrapped.
Next you make the burlap rosettes from your patterned burlap ribbon. I used a red burlap, a neutral burlap with printed red words, and a white and gold sparkle chevron burlap ribbon, but any ribbons will do. If you are unsure of how to make the rosettes, you can follow this tutorial.
Glue the rosettes into place, slightly off-centred, and add another piece of ribbon to the top for hanging the wreath.
That is all folks! A few easy steps and you have a beautiful burlap wreath to hang indoors or outdoors, or wherever you can see it best!
More Burlap Christmas DIY Ideas
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more great holiday season DIYs!
For more burlap Christmas ideas, check out these posts:
- Straw wreath
- Burlap ribbon
- Decorative burlap ribbon for rosettes
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Wrap the thick burlap ribbon around the wreath.
- Glue the ends of the burlap into place once wrapped.
- Make the burlap rosettes from your patterned burlap ribbon - you can follow the tutorial in the blog post.
- Glue the rosettes into place, slightly off-centred
- Add another piece of ribbon to the top for hanging the wreath.
- Hang your beautiful wreath to hang indoors or outdoors