Well friends… there was frost on my car this morning. True story. Autumn is here in Northern Alberta, and our leaves are changing colours.
Truth be told, Autumn is absolutely my favourite season. I love the colours, the change in wardrobe, the warm tea that start migrating out of the cupboard… and the pumpkin! Everything pumpkin. Today I’m sharing a recipe I experimented with last year – my No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake. If you like pumpkin even a smidgen of how much I like it, you will love this recipe!
The recipe (written out below) is super simple, and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare. It consists of three simple layers: a graham cracker crust, a pumpkin cheesecake filling, and a whipped cream topping. Prepare each layer individually, and stack them up to create the perfect fall dessert.
Last time I made this, I put half in mini mason jars, and half in a pie plate. You could layer them two or three times to create a simple pumpkin triffle too!
You can print off your own copy of this delicious recipe here:
- 1½ cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup crushed pecans (optional)
- 6 tbsps butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling (16 oz)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whipping cream (250mL) - or more to taste
- Start by making the bottom (crust) layer. Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and crushed pecans. Add melted better and make sure it is evenly mixed.
- For the pumpkin cheesecake layer, first beat the cream cheese until smooth. Next, add the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until well combined and creamy.
- Whip whipping cream into whipped cream with a mixer.
- Once all three layers are done, layer them into the mason jars (or pie plates if you prefer!). Start by pressing the graham cracker later into the bottom of the jars (saving some for a garnish if desired), then top with pumping cheesecake layer. Add the whipped cream when you are ready to serve.
I hope you love this No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake as much as my family does!
Let me know if you have any questions!
If you love cheesecakes in a jar, you are going to LOVE this Cherry Cheese Cake in a Mason Jar too!