Spring is my happy place. I think we let out a collective sigh of relief when we see the first buds on the trees. Is it my imagination, or do people start smiling more too?! And if Spring were a flavour, it would be lemon. Happy, glorious lemon flavour just represents those happy Spring blooms perfectly doesn’t it?! You can make this no bake lemon cheesecake any time of year, but it’s especially good in the Spring!
I pretty much make all of my desserts in a mason jar. They are the perfect single serving size! It sometimes means that I end up with a bit more graham cracker crust than the usual dessert, but you can’t go wrong there!
Not only is the mason jar the perfect size, it also looks great when you fill it with a layered dessert like this! One recipe makes 10-12 of these jars full, so if you’re having a dinner party, there are enough left over for you to taste test one first! Obviously just to make sure that it’s safe for your guests….
I tried this recipe a few different times, varying a few of the ingredients, and I think I’ve found the perfect amount of lemon flavouring! Although if you’re a real lemon lover, you can always add more!
Here is the recipe:
- 1½ cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon gelatin powder (eg. jello)
- 1 tbsp water
- 250ml whipping cream
- yellow food colouring (optional)
- 1 lemon, to garnish
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, white sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of mason jars and let this set in the refrigerator for an hour, or until set.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add in sweetened condensed milk until combined. Stir in lemon juice.
- Mix water and gelatin until gelatin is dissolved. Add to cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture overtop of graham cracker base in each mason jar and chill for three hours.
- Whip whipping cream until fluffy. You can add a tbsp or two of sugar to sweeten it if desired.
- Top cheesecakes with whipping cream and a wedge of lemon if desired. Serve cool and enjoy :)
Hope you enjoy it!
If you like this cheesecake, you’ll probably love this Cherry Cheesecake too!
Or maybe you like mint and chocolate better?! Try this Mint Cheesecake!