For all of your viewing pleasure, here is my gender neutral nursery room inspiration board:
There are a few themes running through the board:
- Navy, yellow and grey. I hummed and hawed about these colours, but when I see them together I’m very happy.It’s actually fairly easy to find products in these colours because they’re popular right now, and I like the idea of having just pops of yellow throughout the room.
- Patterns. I love the lively patterns in these pictures. From the trellis printed rug to the chevron printed pillows. I really would love some patterns to pop out in this nursery and liven the room.
- Crafty touches. My baby room will not be complete until I have completed a few projects for it! The Owl mobile is ADORABLE (or maybe thats just me and my love of owls, lol). I don’t know if I can create something as intricate, but I can try! And the letter frame is something that I will 100% be copying with scrapbook paper :) Many more projects in my mind that aren’t on this board though.
- Functionality. Although I want everything to flow and look great, it also all needs to be functional. After all, babies will be crawling around on these floors! I definitely will need something ultra fluffy and/or comfy for the baby to rest on on the floor (a flat rug probably won’t do the trick!). Any chair will have to be in the form of a rocker or glider – just a necessity. And storage! It can look pretty, but it better store all the clothes, books, and cloth diapers well!
- Neutral. Last but not least… it has to be appropriate for a boy or a girl. Since we’ve decided not to find out what we’re having, I have to rein in the decorating and keep it neutral until the baby comes. Once he or she is here I can add pink dolls or red firetrucks, but until then, it stays clean and neutral :)
Thoughts?? Other suggestions are welcome, but you better be quick cause I’m gonna start shopping soon. Only four more months to get ready!!